Leckenby's Tea Rooms

Everything was looking good for Rammy in the opening 40 minutes but a disastrous end to the first half cost them big time.

Leckenby's Tea Rooms

Rammy started the game superbly, everyone looked sharp and they looked to be winning every first and second ball. The Rams were pressing from the front and this paid off early doors as Kamoy McNair managed to pinch the ball 25 yards out, he drove into the box and he converted calmly from close range to give his side the lead after just five minutes.

To the surprise of the fans the hosts continued pushing for a second goal, where as the Ramsbottom of old may have sat back and tried to defend their narrow lead. On 10 minutes right back Oscar Radcliffe drove inside menacingly and hit a shot from the edge of the box but the keeper did well to get down and save it.

The continued pressure from the home side paid dividends once more just 19 minutes into the game when Henri Ogunby was able to curl one into the bottom right corner from the edge of the 18 yard box giving Chris Thompson absolutely no hope of getting there.

Rammy were looking comfortable with their two goal advantage and despite and couple of half chances for Clitheroe that were dealt with by Luke Barlow they wasn’t really troubling the Rams at all. However, on 41 minutes the inevitable happened as ex-Ramsbottom man Sefton Gonzales was able to head in from close range to pull one back for his side. Then moments later on the brink of half time captain Will Hall was caught up in a entanglement and was deemed to have stamped on his opponent and he saw red for his troubles.

Despite the fact the hosts were down to 10 men they still had the lead as the second 45 kicked off and with that brought hope that they would be able to grind out a result. Although that hope didn’t last for long as on 54 minutes the hosts were able to draw level through Max Cane who smashed it in from close range at the back post.

Ramsbottom made a substitution to try and shore things up bringing Osi-Efa onto the pitch to replace Henri Ogunby but, just five minutes after the second goal, the visitors were able to add a third through half time substitute Jamie Edwards when he curled an effort into the bottom left hand corner of the goal.

That goal didn’t seem to dishearten the Rams too much and they continued to push for the equalizer going close through Ryan Jennings on a couple of occasions but they just couldn’t seem to convert their chances. On the brink of full time the hosts had a massive shout for a penalty as McNair was dragged down inside the box but the referee wasn’t interested and she waved it away.

Another game where Rammy played well and will feel extremely hard done by to have not gotten anything from the match. They host Bootle at home on Saturday as they hope to turn their fortunes around.