Our Football College was established in 2003. We have a growing number of campuses in different areas of the country. Since 2003 we have been delivering high quality, dynamic and professional Football Scholarship and Education Programmes.
Together with our partners, we have recently been graded as GOOD by OFSTED, which along with our partners puts us amongst the best in the country.
Over the many years since we opened, we have had excellent achievement rates. Our alumni of past graduates includes people who have gone on to university in this country or overseas, or a career in sport, either with some making it as a professional footballer and many who have made it as semi professional footballers.
There are also many others who are working full time in sport in areas such as Coaching, Teaching, Strength & Conditioning, Sports Development, Sports Science, Sports Nutrition, Sports Analysis, Sports Therapy, Sports Business and Management & Officiating.
RAMSBOTTOM UNITED FOOTBALL SCHOLARSHIP & EDUCATION PROGRAMME FOR 16 – 19 YEAR OLDS
All individuals train and play in matches for up to 12 hours per week. Everyone has their own Individual Development Plan that tracks and monitors their development during their time on the programme.
We train the players as a squad, but also as individuals in order to improve on their strengths and turn their weaknesses into strengths.
We use the same technology that Premier League clubs use for Player Analysis such as the PlayerTek GPS Tracking System, Suunto Heart Rate Monitoring and SMARTSPEED Timing Gates.
The Football Scholarship element of the overall programme has the following benefits:
- The best opportunity for individuals age 16-19 to develop their game whilst continuing full time education.
- An individual Player Development Plan.
- The expertise of experienced and highly qualified professional staff.
- Up to 12 hours per week of professional training and matches.
- Compete in leagues against other teams from around the country.
- Compete in national cups and international tournaments.
- Play in our representative squads against professional clubs.
- Excellent facilities that are close to tram, train and bus stops.
- Opportunities to progress into professional/semi-professional football and USA Scholarships.
Each individual has their own study programme based on their GCSE grades. However, there is a qualification at every level based on what has been obtained at school.
Even if an individual feels they will not do well in their GCSE exams, there is still an opportunity at our college upon leaving school.
Our teaching is dynamic and engaging. Individuals are not only assessed on their theoretical knowledge, but also on their practical application.
Individuals have the use of desktop computers and/or laptops, various IT and an extensive library of resources to help them achieve.
The components of their own study individual programme are:
- Study one main core qualication based on their GCSE grades from the list below:
BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Sport (equivalent to 3 A Levels)
BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Sport in Sport (equivalent to 2 A Levels)
BTEC Level 3 90 Credit Diploma in Sport (equivalent to 1.5 A Levels)
BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in Sport (equivalent to 1 A Level)
Level 2 NVQ Certicate in Activity Leadership
BTEC Level 1 Diploma in Sport & Active Leisure
- Individual Tutorials
- Educational Trips & Visits
- GCSE or Functional Skills Maths (if achieved below a GCSE Grade 4/C)
- GCSE or Functional Skills English (if achieved below a GCSE Grade 4/C)
- Preparation for Work and/or Work Experience
It is a government policy that every individual has to complete at least 36 hours each year of sports based work experience.
Each individual chooses where how and where they do this with our assistance. Together with Kickworldwide these will include overseas work experience for a select number of individuals.
YOUR CHOICE. WHICH CAREER WOULD YOU LIKE TO FOLLOW?
Football Player, Coaching, Teaching, Strength and Conditioning, Sports Development, Sports Scientist, Sports Nutrionist, Sports Analyst, Sports Therapist, Sports Business and Management, Officiating.
A place at the college if FULLY FUNDED AND THEREFORE FREE OF CHARGE.
We are holding Open Days/Evenings and Trials throughout the year. To apply for a place commencing in September please contact:
T: 07585 55 4341